Thursday, August 21, 2008

Not good news

I reckon the seeds I planted on the vegetable plot must have had it after the heavy rain.

It was always going to be a chance planting at this time of the year, but I thought that would have been because of a long and sultry August. Little did I realise that it would be torrential downpours for most of the time. The result, I think, is that all growing has been scuppered.

I'll do a definite check over the weekend (when I have three days off work - hooray!). But I feel there's no hope. All part of a learning curve. I'll just utilise the hiatus by preparing the ground a bit more for when I plant again.

Better news on the herbs I'm nurturing in the conservatory. They all seem to be sprouting, with the chervil ahead of the parsley and cress. Must look up what I can do with them when I take up cooking.

No comments: