Monday, April 06, 2009

More planting

Spent some pleasant time this afternoon getting lettuce seeds in the ground outside, also salad leaves. They fill the last spare spot currently prepared in the garden. I also got some tomatoes under way in the conservatory.

The rain came down not long afterwards, for the first time in ages. Something the garden needed, although it didn't last long.

I'll now have to wait and see if the crops are attacked by cats, birds, snails, rot, mildew and whatever danger lurks out there. I must be prepared to take action if necessary.

My mate Steve says half the pleasure is in the anticipation. Just at the moment my anticipation is with regard to the visit to the doctor tomorrow morning about this hand/arm thing. A surprising number of people seem to have suffered in the past, telling me they had to have a sling or be strapped up. Not looking forward to that prospect.

No comments: