Thursday, May 28, 2009

Something for nothing


Well, earthing up the spuds has been done and I hope properly. As I worked the soil it, I became bathed in perspiration really quickly and realised how unfit I am. Really need to do something about this.

The postwoman came while I was in the garden and brought the BBC Dig In seeds I sent for some time ago. This has been massively oversubscribed and it's not hard to see why. Who could turn down the offer of lettuce, beetroot, carrot, squash and tomato - all for free. The little booklet that came with the packets is clear as clear can be and I will certainly be planting some of the seeds. Squash particularly intrigues me. Do we grow it much in this country?

I see from the Dig In website that DJ Sara Cox has a blog detailing her efforts as she grows her own grub for the first time and I make a mental note to read it occasionally.

No comments: