Friday, December 31, 2010

Gardener's resolutions

New Year's Eve and that time when you think about the year gone, the year to come and whether you will keep awake to midnight (life and soul of the party!).

What could I do better on the garden front next year? Here is my little list:

  1. At least get my name down for an allotment, even if the waiting list turns out to be lengthy 
  2. Don't just play at being a veg gardener – put a lot, lot more effort into it
  3. In fact, try and do something outside every day
  4. Don't concentrate solely on the veg – tend to the flowers as well (that's if I can manage to tell them apart from the weeds)  
  5. Get the soil into good shape  
  6. Cook more, hopefully using ingredients from the garden – and enjoy it  
  7. Get the beer kit I had for Christmas on the go sooner rather than later
  8. Don't bother attempting to grow tomatoes in pots, it was a hopeless failure in 2010. Use growbags  
  9. A hose wouldn't be a bad idea to save endless trips to and from the tap in the kitchen
  10. But then I suppose I do need the exercise
  11. Be realistic and give up on that back patch where the sun don't hardly shine. It just isn't meant to be
  12. Interact with other gardeners to learn from them.

 
No doubt I have left many things out. But above all I must realise this is a fairly modest list, so the biggest resolution of all would be:

Don't recycle it for the 2012 resolutions

No comments: