Monday, February 09, 2009

Grim up north

My mate Steve has emailed from his corner of Kent to say he has been out to his allotment and seen the first shoots of garlic coming through. He's lucky to see anything at all, my little vegetable patch has been covered in snow for the past week and got a fresh fall last night.

All this means is that I can do nothing but dream on for the time being. I like to think it's similar to cooking - it will all come together in the end. Hope so.

Looking out of the window over the past few days, I notice the birds have largely spurned the seed we have been putting down for them. My theory is that more food is being left out for the birds as people become more aware of their needs and the birds can afford to be choosy. Our seed was Lidl's finest - obviously not good enough for them.

No comments: