Sunday, August 28, 2011

The tomatoes ripen

At last, at last...I've begun harvesting tomatoes. Just a handful so far, but I'm hoping the numbers will increase over the next week or so.

The Sungold variety have been first off the mark and it is only today that I have picked the first two of the Gardener's Delight. Very tasty too.

I got rid of the two pots of courgette plants on the doorstep today having witnessed them progressively ailing over the last week or so. That leaves two in the ground outside - one very tiny that has never produced anything and the other which has been a decent cropper and might yet produce a thing or two.

I also dug up the remaining lettuce and was told by Susan that I must at least pick what I grow. The point is well taken - I didn't take great care of the lettuce and we consumed barely any.

The weather has not been good today, being very breezy and showery. We have the fire on now. Time marches on.

No comments: