Sunday, September 21, 2008

Oo, I am awful!


Today I have mostly been pricking out. What state is my brain in that all the time it's trying to think of a good bit of innuendo to go with this? Where is Kenneth Williams when you need him?

With initial guidance from Susan, I transplanted herbs from the seed trays into pots. It's a pleasant and relaxing activity, as is all this vegetable and herb lark. The only anxiety is when you're waiting for the buggers to pop their heads above the soil.

Still, the herbs seem to have come on nicely so far. Except, and there's always an except, for the cress and mint. The cress doesn't seem to have taken at all and neither does the mint, which was in a slightly smaller container. No idea why, but they don't get a second chance. Everything has now either been potted up or ditched on to the garden outside. 

Suppose I'll have to think about taking up cooking now. 

No comments: