Sunday, November 23, 2008

A winter's musing

It was bitterly cold here last night and we had fully expected snow by the morning. Alas, or hoorah, depending on your view, there was none when I opened the curtains, just evidence that it had rained overnight. Yet talking to folk during the morning I learned that it had snowed in Dunfermline, Kent and Bingley, just a dozen miles from us. Funny how weather works.

I was able to get out and have a brief look at the vegetable patch, clearing it of leaves and other detritus which had blown on to the soil. I strongly suspect something has been into a few of the holes I made for the garlic and has made off with it. Only time will tell.

And what did I spy? A small piece of broken china, just lying on top of the dirt. Where did that come from?

No comments: