Monday, July 25, 2011

We're all going on a summer holiday (except for one who's staying behind)

I've well and truly nettled one of my arms after a session in the garden in my short-sleeved shirt. Good job I don't keep bees.

We're doing the things you have to do preparatory to a week's holiday in Switzerland. Little does my 23-year-old daughter know that she will be the keeper of the courgettes and tomatoes while we are away. A crash course awaits.

The courgettes have been cropping well, but it is only now that the first of the tomatoes have appeared, both Sungold and Gardener's Delight. They'll have to be fed and watered while we are away if they are to come to anything.

So it's Switzerland here we come. It's probably not fashionable to go in summer rather than winter, but we don't care. We're devils, us.




No comments: