Monday, July 04, 2011

We're progressing

Can you see something in this photo? Yes, it's the beginnings of a courgette in one of the pots in front of the doorstep. We're in a fingers-crossed situation and hoping it's going to be the first of many from my four plants.

I've been in the garden a good deal for me today, punctuated by rests for lunch and to escape the heat. All of the new potatoes have been dug up now and they are looking, and tasting, fine. The bare patch where they were growing has been refreshed and watered and my plan is to put the broccoli seedlings in there tomorrow.

I've also cut the lawn and started off some new dill because the stuff I've got is looking past it (probably dead).

Browsing through one of those marvellous books featuring Adam the gardener from the Daily Express, I see he mentions applying Bordeaux mixture. The only thing I know of that nature comes in bottles from France, is generally red and alcoholic. I could do with one now.

No comments: