Saturday, July 26, 2008

Houston, we have a problem


You'll notice my absence from the site of the plot. How do I explain this? It's just too damn hot to go out into the garden - hence the distinct lack of activity you can see in this photograph.

My friend Steve had warned that today was due to be very hot so the main activity of his and Marianne's day would be an allotment picnic with home-brew vino. Jokingly, he added they would be thinking of me as I was digging through the snowdrifts to find my garden. Ha, ha!

It was Susan who first broached the subject of the heat, honest. And she's right - on holiday I got horribly scorched within an hour or so.

So, a slight delay in the project. Alex 'Pip' Paton (he's a bit posh) was right to include a beer barrel, glass and deckchair on his suggested masterplan. Only I shall be doing my drinking inside.

No comments: