Saturday, July 26, 2008

One small step for man






Why the two photos? Well, there's some controversy that both were faked for the camera. It does look as though I'm not putting my back into the digging, but this was more of a ceremonial event to mark at least a bit of a start.

I'm not sure if the photo shows it well, but it was very hot outside. Too sweltering to go at it, really, especially for one who's not fit. Still, I've had a little survey of the ground and am confident I'll succeed.

Slight change of plan on where I am to dig. Susan pointed out a much better spot, very overgrown, just in front of the shed and behind a big bush. It desperately needs clearing out anyway, so why not there? Saves digging up the lawn at the moment, although it's possible I'll utilise a bit of it in the future.

I've got a cane in each corner of the plot now, raring to go. Please let it be cooler tomorrow.

No comments: