Thursday, July 24, 2008

Is this the masterplan?


My friend Alex 'Pip' Paton has sent the above plan after hearing my news. Despite his aristocatic background, he is not afraid of getting his hands dirty and knows a thing or two about gardening.

I particularly like his suggestion of a barrel of  'gardener's fuel' with adjacent pint glass. However, I fear I will have to reject it in favour of hard work.

In the circumstances, I will not be paying his suggested consultancy fee. But he may get some broad beans in lieu of cash.

His wife Alison intimates (in a polite way)  some incredulity at my project. My friends know me all too well.

She suggests soft fruit and asks if I want raspberry canes and strawberry plants.

Mm, more food for thought. But what's really needed is a bit of action on my part.

No comments: